- 3 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup of thyme stems
- 1 Tbsp. vodka
- ½ cup Prosecco (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water and bring it to a boil.
- Boil for 3-5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn off the heat and add the thyme leaves. Let it steep for 15 minutes then strain it and discard the leaves.
- Let the syrup cool completely.
- When cool, add the lemon juice and zest, vodka, and Prosecco and stir until well combined.
- Let the mixture chill in the fridge for a couple of hours of overnight.
- When ready, pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.
When I was ready to serve the sorbet, I took the lemons and sorbet out of the freezer and let them set for 15 minutes before I scooped the sorbet into the lemons with an ice cream scoop.
* If you don't have an ice cream maker you can make granite. Just pour the mixture into a container, place it in the freezer and use a fork to scrape the surface when it starts to set. Keep scraping every 30 minutes until it resembles "snow". It works well this way too.
** You can also use basil instead of thyme.