Come to think of it, I have an awesome pear pizza recipe that I'm going to have to break out this week with the fresh pears this ad inspired me to buy......
Pear and Goat Cheese Pizza
- 1 thin Boboli pizza crust
- 2 ripe pears
- 3 large shallots
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small Goat Cheese log (can use plain or honey goat cheese)
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- Put thin crust Boboli pizza in the oven for 8-10 minutes (at 375 degrees) - I do this to get the crust a little crispy beforehand; I don't like the taste of raw dough.
- Cut thin slices of 2 ripe pears (you now know how to pick a ripe pear)
- Cut 3 large shallots thin. Saute in a butter/olive oil combo (2 Tbsp. butter; 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil)
- Add Salt +Pepper and cayenne to the onions.
- Take out crust.
- Drizzle honey on crust (probably 1/2 Tbsp.)
- Put goat cheese on the crust and spread around with a spoon.
- Top with the shallots and liquid.
- Put the pear on top of the goat cheese.
- Sprinkle with parmesan – put in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the top starts to brown a little. I put the pizza directly on the rack with a pan on the rack under it to catch any drippings.
|Sauting the Shallots|
|Spreading the goat cheese on the hot, crispy crust|
|Topping the goat cheese with the shallots and olive oil/butter sauce|
|Next comes the fresh, ripe pair slices|
|Finish with freshly grated parmesan|
|It is as good as it looks|
|Serve with a salad and wine|
I like to serve this with a goat cheese, beet, and arugula salad w/ balsamic dressing, and red wine. It is a good fall/winter meal. So good!
Cheers to fresh, ripe pears!
|Sometimes there is nothing better than a fresh, ripe pear.|