All I can say is WOW! This is certainly a site to check out, but not if you are hungry as the photos will have your stomach growling in no time.
Basically you type in an ingredient that you are craving (or that you have on hand and want to use up) and up pops a bunch of recipes using that ingredient.
When I first logged on I was craving Peanut Butter (I usually am as I love peanut butter). I typed it in and 34 fabulous recipes popped up; one of which I actually had all of the ingredients for (how often does that happen?). So I quickly whipped up some No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites.
Here is the recipe.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites (Recipe by Bobbi Bower)
What you need:
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped*
- 1/4 cup dried carob chips, roughly chopped*
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (I used chunky)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Feel free to substitute any dried fruit you like, totaling 1/2 cup.
How you do it:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, making sure everything is very well combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion out the dough, and then gently roll it in your hands to form a ball. If you find that it’s not sticking, add more peanut butter or honey. Likewise, if you find that it’s too wet, add more oats. This amount of dough makes 12 – 15 bites, depending on the size of your cookie scoop.
- Store the bites in the fridge in an airtight container.
- I didn’t know what Carob chips were, so I used chocolate chips. I did look it up though. Carob chips are an edible product, similar to chocolate chips, made from carob. They are used in baking and in trail mixes, often serving as a substitute for chocolate chips. The color is the same as that of dark chocolate, although the taste is somewhat different, with slightly nutty and bitter overtones. Their appearance is nearly identical to a regular chocolate chip. They are made using carob powder, which has the same look, color and texture as baking cocoa. Carob chips are a safe chocolate alternative for dogs.
- I used sunflower seeds that were salted and then didn’t use the kosher salt.
- These are perfect before or workout because they give you lots of energy and are filling - seriously just one is pretty filling.
- I ended up putting some in the freezer. You can take them out individually and they defrost in less than 30 minutes for the perfect snack.
I did like them and would make them again. My only negative was that they made me extremely thirsty, but it just made me drink more water and hydration is good, right?
I'm so excited for you to check out Gojee! I'm in love with this site and am in love with the photos (good food photography inspiration). Everything looks so good, and they have drink recipes too. Let me know what you think and if you try any good recipes.
Seriously, go check it out right now!